Candle Magick doesn’t have to be complicated.
In fact, it can be one of the simplest and most effective forms of magick given you set a strong intention and raise the proper energy. First, you need a candle. That’s obvious. Next, you’ll need something to light the candle – matches or a lighter. The old books will tell you to only use matches, but we’ve never had any problems using a lighter for candle magick. Before performing a candle spell, the most important thing is to set a clear intention. By this, we mean to be concise on what you’re asking the universe to give you. For example, don’t light a candle and ask for “abundance” or the universe will literally you give an abundance of everything. Which can be an abundance of negative as well as positive things.
And, let’s face it, sometimes too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. Instead, set a clear intention for “enough money to pay my bills this month.” Set a clear intention the universe will understand.
Simple candle magick consists of four main elements: a clear intention, an anointed candle, the flame, and your energy. Whether you blow out, snuff, or let your candle flame burn out depends on your beliefs. Some people say you should never blow out the candle because it blows out the intention, while others say blowing out a candle will send your intention out on the wind to be manifested. It’s truly up to you what you feel works best. The same thing goes for candle colors, anointing oils, and crystals. Experiment with different things and record what worked and what didn’t. Soon you’ll have your own style of candle magick and won’t even need our advice!
Try this simple candle spell for protection of your home:
1. Gather all of your supplies.
3. Get into a relaxed state of mind through deep breathing or meditation. Clearly set your intention in your mind: protection of your home from spiritual and physical intrusions.
5. Then take your pin/needle and carve the words “home protection” into the candle. Again, while doing so envision the bubble around your home sealing itself over the roof of your home and becoming impenetrable to negative forces. If you have a hard time visualizing, raise energy by repeating and/or chanting the intention “protect this house from negative forces” (or something similar) at least thirteen times.
6. Light your candle and let it burn for a total of three hours (or until it burns out completely depending on how much time you have). If you used the black tourmaline candle from Spirit Nest, the black tourmaline crystal will be revealed during the spell. Remove it from the wax and place it in a front windowsill. If you used a separate black tourmaline crystal, place it in your front windowsill any time during the spell. The crystal serves to absorb negative energy.
7. Before snuffing out your candle, speak the words “my house is protected from negative energy and forces. So mote it be.”
Written by The Otherworldly Oracle, follow her site and FB group
as it is the best online sources for information and tips on the mystic, pagan, and supernatural enthusiast.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
The first time we dive into spell casting, we feel excited and a little overwhelmed at the same time. We ask ourselves questions like “What if I fail?” or “What if something bad happens?”.
Some people believe that casting a spell means summoning malevolent entities or doing obscure and strange procedures. In reality, a spell is a spiritual way to focus on what we want and guide our mind to achieve a specific goal. Spell casting is, in fact, the process of raising and directing your energy into your intention.
In order to give your spells the best chance of working in your favor, you need to follow these eight steps and keep pursuing your goals with consistency and determination.