Candle Magick doesn’t have to be complicated.
In fact, it can be one of the simplest and most effective forms of magick given you set a strong intention and raise the proper energy. First, you need a candle. That’s obvious. Next, you’ll need something to light the candle – matches or a lighter. The old books will tell you to only use matches, but we’ve never had any problems using a lighter for candle magick. Before performing a candle spell, the most important thing is to set a clear intention. By this, we mean to be concise on what you’re asking the universe to give you. For example, don’t light a candle and ask for “abundance” or the universe will literally you give an abundance of everything. Which can be an abundance of negative as well as positive things.
And, let’s face it, sometimes too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. Instead, set a clear intention for “enough money to pay my bills this month.” Set a clear intention the universe will understand.
Simple candle magick consists of four main elements: a clear intention, an anointed candle, the flame, and your energy. Whether you blow out, snuff, or let your candle flame burn out depends on your beliefs. Some people say you should never blow out the candle because it blows out the intention, while others say blowing out a candle will send your intention out on the wind to be manifested. It’s truly up to you what you feel works best. The same thing goes for candle colors, anointing oils, and crystals. Experiment with different things and record what worked and what didn’t. Soon you’ll have your own style of candle magick and won’t even need our advice!
Try this simple candle spell for protection of your home:
1. Gather all of your supplies.
3. Get into a relaxed state of mind through deep breathing or meditation. Clearly set your intention in your mind: protection of your home from spiritual and physical intrusions.
5. Then take your pin/needle and carve the words “home protection” into the candle. Again, while doing so envision the bubble around your home sealing itself over the roof of your home and becoming impenetrable to negative forces. If you have a hard time visualizing, raise energy by repeating and/or chanting the intention “protect this house from negative forces” (or something similar) at least thirteen times.
6. Light your candle and let it burn for a total of three hours (or until it burns out completely depending on how much time you have). If you used the black tourmaline candle from Spirit Nest, the black tourmaline crystal will be revealed during the spell. Remove it from the wax and place it in a front windowsill. If you used a separate black tourmaline crystal, place it in your front windowsill any time during the spell. The crystal serves to absorb negative energy.
7. Before snuffing out your candle, speak the words “my house is protected from negative energy and forces. So mote it be.”
Written by The Otherworldly Oracle, follow her site and FB group
as it is the best online sources for information and tips on the mystic, pagan, and supernatural enthusiast.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
On this list of thoughtful gift ideas for witches you love, you’ll find a wide range of natural, hand-selected romantic items. Plus, all of our products are high-quality, clean, vegan, and cruelty-free. So, you can feel good about anything you purchase or use. Here you’ll find beauty, wellness and ritual products with an eclectic selection of enchanted witchy goodies. If you have a witchy love interested, any one of the items below would be the perfect romantic gift to express your acceptance, thoughtfulness, and love.
What’s one thing a witch loves more than candles? Books, of course! If you’re as much as a bibliophile as we are, check out our top 10 witchy books. We list our favorite non-fiction and fiction for your reading pleasure!
Non-fiction Witchcraft Books.
The time of Yule is approaching and we’re helping to get you ready with our Fab-YULE-ous gift guide! Find all the best gifts for Yule below. Shopping on a budget? No problem! Keep scrolling to find our favorite 5 items for under $15!
If you’re unfamiliar to Yule, it is the annual Pagan celebration of the Winter Solstice. Many Wiccans also mark it as the rebirth of the Great horned hunter god. The event historically was celebrated with candles, bonfires, and/or the burning of the yule log. Since Yule is a celebration of the sun returning or being reborn, sources of light are a major part. People would then get together around the fire, share meals, and exchange gifts. The Yule holiday and traditions still continue today and are celebrated and mirror by many cultures and religions around the world.