May 03, 2017
Make sure to show your appreciation to your mama or the mama in your life in this upcoming Mother's day, Sunday - May 14th, 2017.
The team here in Spirit Nest gathered some cool and edgy "not your classic mama" Mother's day gifts ideas, as our nesters in all age ranges are free spirits individuals, that will respond better to a gift with a little "flavor" to it, those items are guaranteed to nourish both Mama's body and soul!
1. Raw Magick - Raw Magick is a superb moisturizer, with exceptional healing properties for the skin. You can also use this moisturizer as a face cream, makeup remover, eye cream, the foot of heels, arms and legs. This magickal cream can also help prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
2. Mystic Forest - This magickal candle is topped with rose, sage, mugwort and lavender! Let mama travel deep into the forest where you will find the most magickal treehouse filled with the most mesmerizing aromas of pine, apples & fir with hints of balsam, ginger, sage and fallen leaves.
3. Enchanted RoseWood - Handmade soap - Enchanted RoseWood is an all natural soap made with rose clay, organic rose petals and pure essential oils of rosewood, tea tree, and sandalwood. Rose clay has mild exfoliating powers and helps to detoxify the skin by drawing impurities from pores. Tea tree and sandalwood essential oils are great for the skin; they have antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties. In addition, rosewood essential oil has a mild, sweet, spicy and floral aroma that uplifts you and relieves stress, making this the perfect aromatherapy spa treatment for the face and body. It also smells heavenly!
4. Dark Rose natural soap - Dark Rose is an all natural soap made with pure essential oils, activated charcoal, Himalayan sea salt and organic coconut milk. The activated charcoal in this soap helps to detoxify by pulling toxins and impurities from the skin's pores. In addition, rosewood essential oil has a mild, sweet, spicy and floral aroma that uplifts you and relieves stress, making this the perfect aromatherapy spa treatment for the face and body. It also smells heavenly!
5. Wolf Mama - she's Alpha? The leader of your pack? Wolf Mama?
she needs this must-have statement top, Original art by Spirit Nest
6. Mother of wildlings - Mother of wildlings? we got you covered
in a vintage, tribal, rocking style original Spirit Nest design.
7. Moon Mama - Romantic boho style Original Spirit Nest art. Get your baby a matching Moon Baby top.
8. Caffeine Potion - Witch's brew Caffeine potion, is the perfect mug to serve a witch her coffee with. Coz' what mama doesn;t run on caffeine?
9. Triquetra Wooden Box - Beautiful embellished wooden box, Great to storage your tarot cards, jewelry, crystals, herbs and other witchy secrets...
10. Wolf Mama mug - Alpha? The leader of your pack? Wolf Mama?
Get this statement mug, and inform everyone in your office/family...
11. Natural lion's paw - This smudge shell is a beautiful addition to your smudging and clearing ceremony and are used to catch the ashes from sage or other botanical smudges.
12. Bewitching Incense - Your witchy mama can cleanse and relax with this unique blend of natural herbs and resins.
13. Nirvana masala incense - Help your mama reach nirvana with this premium masala fragrance that is a unique blend of herbs, spices, resins, and oil.
14.California white sage smudge - Your mother would say: "You better Sage yo'self before you wreck yo'self" and what better why to so then (carefully :) burning this freshly picked and dried California white sage smudge stick
Comments will be approved before showing up.
May 17, 2023
Bruja/o/x culture (brujería), stem from an ancient set of mystical beliefs and practices that have been passed down through generations in Latin America. It has its roots in the indigenous spiritual traditions of the region, as well as elements from African and European cultures and today’s Instagram hashtags #bruja and # brujería have over 2M posts combined.
As other magical practices, brujería orbits honoring spirits and deities, divination, nurturing specific traditional healing methods such as curanderismo, and rituals to protect oneself from negative energy. Get yer charms out!
In Latin American countries like Mexico, Peru, Ecuador, Cuba, Colombia, and Brazil it is still a vibrant part of daily life for many people, though there are some variations depending on location. The original practice was brought over by Spanish conquistadors during their colonization of the Americas, and the stories say the cobblestone streets were “paved in slave bones”—see a pattern of repressed magic much? Seems everywhere we turn there’s a need to rise up from the lid put on us for being natural… No longer, though. You watch! This next 20 years will have diverse magical cultures openly practicing without fear, the time is nigh 😊🌿☽🌕☾
Now evolved into something unique to each region, brujería remains a source of immense pride for those who practice this tradition, which continues to hold strong despite attempts to marginalize or even eradicate it
May 09, 2023
April 30, 2023
Are you looking for insight into your archetypal planetary vibes? Do you want to know what the stars have in store for you in May of 2023? We Spirit Nesters can help you to gain insight into the events going on. With Pluto’s ingress to Aquarius, the upcoming trends vibrate with Uranian energy, so expect the unexpected! From love and romance to career and financials, May prepares us for individual and collective freedom or to take steps towards clarity and avoiding potential pitfalls. Read on to get into the flow of your elements and how each sign expresses itself in what's coming up!
Astrological Movements: In May, we see the Sun in Taurus and Mercury in Gemini, which will inspires an increase in mental acuity with a skosh of practicality. This is a sweet, sweet time for learning new skills or tackling projects that require careful attention to detail. However, it's also important to be aware of potential communication issues that may arise due to this pairing. You'll want to think carefully before fully speaking your mind during this month! This isn’t to say withhold info, but just be prepared to take the repercussions if you do, from both sides of the coin…
Fire signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) can find themselves feeling energetically active during this month as they take on new challenges with enthusiasm and learn through friction, that’s what squares do, and there’s potentially enormous power in that, though not always 100% comfortable. We all know what kind of magic happens outside that zone, though, yes?
Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo Capricorn) can expect stability and security thanks to the positive energy flowing through their world right now, but it’s super important that you know in which house Aquarius sits, because that security can be going through do-over renos, you feel me? And we’re not just talking light stucco here, we’re talking a new roof level of shift, lol.
Air signs (Gemini Libra Aquarius) can prepare themselves for exciting conversations as creative ideas come into play – but don't forget that words have power too and can anchor you to stuff that you might not have anticipated! The intellect is in full gear and, depending on where your moon sits, you could be having emotional epiphanies in May that will set stuff free that you might have been holding onto for too long.
Water signs (Cancer Scorpio Pisces) can experience heightened emotions during this period which could lead to solidified feelings emerging that you FINALLY understand, so make sure you take time out for yourself to feel them all the way through, up from the heart center and like a pinball machine bounce them around until their out on paper or in song or other creative force. Emotional inventory always feels correct and May has the vibes to take you through with the strength of an ox 😉