Kitchen Witchery 101
What is kitchen witchery? This is a person who performs beautiful culinary magick right in the heart of the home, the kitchen! A Kitchen Witch is sometimes referred to as a Cottage Witch.
So many magickal things can happen right in our kitchens! Go into your kitchen right now and have a gander at the mundane and then think MAGICK! There are so many magickal, witchy tools hidden away in there and most are very easily accessible to us today. Do you have a wooden spoon? Make it your wand! A Cauldron? If you have an actual cooking cauldron, sweet! But do not fret if you do not have one, just pull out a Dutch oven, a pot, pan, or baking sheet. A wine glass could be your sacred chalice. Spices? Just about every spice & herb is filled with a magickal correspondence!
I know food is easily accessible in today’s modern world and most of us take it for granted but think about what food does. It nourishes our bodies, mind, and soul. Sometimes food is referred to as comfort food and there is a reason for that; Comfort food brings us comfort in many forms.
Food draws people together, think about Thanksgiving, and other celebratory occasions. The food is typically the focal point or gathering point in those events, everyone always flocks around the food table or hangs out in the kitchen. And what better way to ‘beef’ up those celebratory events then by adding a little oomph with some energy imbued kitchen magick.
Recognize that there are many wonderful things you can incorporate into kitchen witchery. Preparing a meal should be considered a scared ritual and be treated with respect.
There are many things you can do to imbue magickal energy into the kitchen and into the food. Here are 20 easy ideas you can integrate to make your kitchen a space filled with high vibrational energy.
- Cleanse your kitchen – Of course, the obvious, is that it is physically clean. Declutter, sweep, and open windows (if you can) and make sure to cleanse it energetically as well. Use smoke or music to clear the low vibrations out of your kitchen.
- Cleanse yourself prior to working your kitchen magick and make sure your mood is positive. You are the most important ‘tool’ when working kitchen magick. We want our meals to be high vibrational, not low; so, make sure your mood is on point.
- When you are preparing your meals, treat your kitchen like sacred altar space.
- Incorporate crystals based on your intentions and potted plants, such as herbs. For example, you could place amethyst on your counter top for stress relief, and basil or rosemary for protection.
- Light a white candle – white is purity, peace, calm & hope. When guests come over this is especially helpful because whatever negative energy they bring into your home, will be purified, and cleansed with the white candle.
- Do a consecration ritual on your kitchen tools such as, wooden spoons, knives, spatulas, etc. Consecrating is to declare something sacred and to dedicate it formally to your practice.
- Stir recipes clockwise to increase (happiness, love, or peace) and counterclockwise to decrease or banish (fear, depression, or anxiety).
- Do you have old family recipes? You know the ones that have been passed down from generation to generation. A great way to preserve these is to designate a specific Book of Shadows just for these treasured heirlooms. That way you have a great heirloom that can continue to be passed down.
- As you are preparing your foods, visualize your intentions with each ingredient. Be sure your intentions are clear while you work in the kitchen so that each food item is infused, with your magickal essence! Everything you touch, chop, cut, blend, & measure should be done so with mindful intent and awareness behind it.
- Use your cooking oils to draw sigils in your pot before you begin cooking. When baking pies or cookies, inscribe sigils on the bottom of your pans to infuse your food with magickal intent.
- Hang dried garlic in your kitchen to ward off evil.
- Grow basil in your kitchen. This will keep the area free from negative spirits.
- Save those eggshells! They can be crushed and made into a strong protection powder also known as, cascarilla. You can also add this powder to black salt to make a strong component for spells and rituals. Keep in mind though, witches’ black salt you can not consume.
- Use bay leaves to write wishes on, burn them, and toss the ashes into the wind. Be a smart kitchen witch though and do not be starting fires. Make sure your ashes are cooled!
- Add some cinnamon to your morning coffee or tea to attract love or money.
- Keeping a piece of clear quartz near your oven is said to make the food taste better.
- Aloe vera plants kept in your kitchen area is said to bring good luck, plus it comes in handy if you happen to burn yourself.
- Eat with gratitude & intention. Now that you have cooked your magickal food, slow down and take time to enjoy the magick you created. Be grateful for every bite. Visualize the energy you put into that food manifesting within you.
- Use charged moon water in your recipes that call for water.
- Use some of your herbs, spices, or actual prepared meal as an offering to your deity/deities or ancestors.
Now that you have some handy kitchen witchery tips and tricks, head to your kitchen and start conjuring up some culinary magick.
Written by: Laurie A Gouley
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
Let’s be real; not everyone can be open about witchcraft. Whether it’s due to living with a religious family or just not being entirely comfortable with sharing your practice, we get it. Sometimes it’s not in the cards, and other times you just aren’t ready. Either way, it’s totally okay. Your beliefs are yours and yours alone and you should never feel like you have to do anything in regards to expressing them to others. However, just because your beliefs may be kept a secret doesn’t mean pursuing them has to disappear from your life. In fact, there’s actually a ton of different ways that you can safely practice and learn about witchcraft in secret.
Today, we’re going to discuss everything having to do with the broomcloset, including a few ways you can practice in secret, and a few careful tips on how to leave the closet (if you’re ready). So, if you’re ready to talk all things magical and witchy, let’s dive in and get started.
Welcome to this blog post, Witches and Lovers! You and I may share almost the same sentiments towards the approaching Valentine's. One thought and your stomach are in knots? I feel you.
With the recent events centering around Covid-19, it is normal to feel nostalgic for the traditional romantic movie nights, long walks by the beach, restaurant dates, traveling in another city, what else? Name it, we all wish and yearn for this entire pandemic to soon be over. But just like Warren Buffett’s 5/25 Rule, why don’t we focus more on things that we can control and assess what really matters?
For one, it wouldn’t take time to reflect that what does matter is who we share this Valentines with and secondly, how we can make them feel more special during this event. After all, Valentine's doesn’t require any place or any terms at all as long as whatever we plan to do comes from our hearts.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and it’s time for those of us with a bit of a love deficit in our lives to get cracking on some action. Today’s offering is a spell that uses the power of desire, manifestation and attraction to draw in the energy that allows our hearts to open and seek out love like a little beacon of happiness.
Now, you may be looking for a love spell that works immediately, and, let me tell you; those do exist. Are they amazing, incredible and jaw-dropping? Of course. Are they safe and wise to practice when we’re not a well-seasoned practitioner with the warding skills of a 90-year-old sorceress? Probably not. No, this love spell does not focus on delivering a tall and handsome stranger to your front door when the clock strikes twelve. This love spell works – and it’s all about internal re-alignment.