Kitchen Witchery 101
What is kitchen witchery? This is a person who performs beautiful culinary magick right in the heart of the home, the kitchen! A Kitchen Witch is sometimes referred to as a Cottage Witch.
So many magickal things can happen right in our kitchens! Go into your kitchen right now and have a gander at the mundane and then think MAGICK! There are so many magickal, witchy tools hidden away in there and most are very easily accessible to us today. Do you have a wooden spoon? Make it your wand! A Cauldron? If you have an actual cooking cauldron, sweet! But do not fret if you do not have one, just pull out a Dutch oven, a pot, pan, or baking sheet. A wine glass could be your sacred chalice. Spices? Just about every spice & herb is filled with a magickal correspondence!
I know food is easily accessible in today’s modern world and most of us take it for granted but think about what food does. It nourishes our bodies, mind, and soul. Sometimes food is referred to as comfort food and there is a reason for that; Comfort food brings us comfort in many forms.
Food draws people together, think about Thanksgiving, and other celebratory occasions. The food is typically the focal point or gathering point in those events, everyone always flocks around the food table or hangs out in the kitchen. And what better way to ‘beef’ up those celebratory events then by adding a little oomph with some energy imbued kitchen magick.
Recognize that there are many wonderful things you can incorporate into kitchen witchery. Preparing a meal should be considered a scared ritual and be treated with respect.
There are many things you can do to imbue magickal energy into the kitchen and into the food. Here are 20 easy ideas you can integrate to make your kitchen a space filled with high vibrational energy.
- Cleanse your kitchen – Of course, the obvious, is that it is physically clean. Declutter, sweep, and open windows (if you can) and make sure to cleanse it energetically as well. Use smoke or music to clear the low vibrations out of your kitchen.
- Cleanse yourself prior to working your kitchen magick and make sure your mood is positive. You are the most important ‘tool’ when working kitchen magick. We want our meals to be high vibrational, not low; so, make sure your mood is on point.
- When you are preparing your meals, treat your kitchen like sacred altar space.
- Incorporate crystals based on your intentions and potted plants, such as herbs. For example, you could place amethyst on your counter top for stress relief, and basil or rosemary for protection.
- Light a white candle – white is purity, peace, calm & hope. When guests come over this is especially helpful because whatever negative energy they bring into your home, will be purified, and cleansed with the white candle.
- Do a consecration ritual on your kitchen tools such as, wooden spoons, knives, spatulas, etc. Consecrating is to declare something sacred and to dedicate it formally to your practice.
- Stir recipes clockwise to increase (happiness, love, or peace) and counterclockwise to decrease or banish (fear, depression, or anxiety).
- Do you have old family recipes? You know the ones that have been passed down from generation to generation. A great way to preserve these is to designate a specific Book of Shadows just for these treasured heirlooms. That way you have a great heirloom that can continue to be passed down.
- As you are preparing your foods, visualize your intentions with each ingredient. Be sure your intentions are clear while you work in the kitchen so that each food item is infused, with your magickal essence! Everything you touch, chop, cut, blend, & measure should be done so with mindful intent and awareness behind it.
- Use your cooking oils to draw sigils in your pot before you begin cooking. When baking pies or cookies, inscribe sigils on the bottom of your pans to infuse your food with magickal intent.
- Hang dried garlic in your kitchen to ward off evil.
- Grow basil in your kitchen. This will keep the area free from negative spirits.
- Save those eggshells! They can be crushed and made into a strong protection powder also known as, cascarilla. You can also add this powder to black salt to make a strong component for spells and rituals. Keep in mind though, witches’ black salt you can not consume.
- Use bay leaves to write wishes on, burn them, and toss the ashes into the wind. Be a smart kitchen witch though and do not be starting fires. Make sure your ashes are cooled!
- Add some cinnamon to your morning coffee or tea to attract love or money.
- Keeping a piece of clear quartz near your oven is said to make the food taste better.
- Aloe vera plants kept in your kitchen area is said to bring good luck, plus it comes in handy if you happen to burn yourself.
- Eat with gratitude & intention. Now that you have cooked your magickal food, slow down and take time to enjoy the magick you created. Be grateful for every bite. Visualize the energy you put into that food manifesting within you.
- Use charged moon water in your recipes that call for water.
- Use some of your herbs, spices, or actual prepared meal as an offering to your deity/deities or ancestors.
Now that you have some handy kitchen witchery tips and tricks, head to your kitchen and start conjuring up some culinary magick.
Written by: Laurie A Gouley
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
The first time we dive into spell casting, we feel excited and a little overwhelmed at the same time. We ask ourselves questions like “What if I fail?” or “What if something bad happens?”.
Some people believe that casting a spell means summoning malevolent entities or doing obscure and strange procedures. In reality, a spell is a spiritual way to focus on what we want and guide our mind to achieve a specific goal. Spell casting is, in fact, the process of raising and directing your energy into your intention.
In order to give your spells the best chance of working in your favor, you need to follow these eight steps and keep pursuing your goals with consistency and determination.
The transitional and energetic month of May is finally upon us and comes bearing many powerful opportunities for growth. Although the month begins in the grounding sign of the Taurus, other celestial shifts this month will encourage us to get an early jump on the transformative energy associated with the Gemini season. But to get us there, there’s going to be a lot of energetic cleansing that must first take place. With the lingering influence of the Pluto Retrograde from April pushing growth in all aspects, now is the time to let go of what is no longer serving your highest good and rise up. From old relationships to bad habits, now is the time to leave the past in the past and move forward. Alongside this, we will also be accompanied by the practical and progressive energy of the Taurus as a welcomed friend, guiding us through internal growth and helping us to align with our divine purpose. At the end of the month, we will then be met by a powerful cosmic trine of energetic events, which will remind us of the importance of self-care and rest.
All-around, this month is cram-packed with a variety of energies tugging us in each direction. However, it is also going to be one of the most powerful months of 2021 for growth, and therefore, it is essential to make the most of it. Today, we're going to touch on a little bit of what energies and changes each Zodiac sign can personally expect to feel throughout the powerful month of May.
There are probably no words or gestures that can express our gratitude towards the extraordinary women in our lives. By the time we first laid eyes upon this world, not only have we seen women everywhere but we’ve witnessed heroes at home, in school, and in every place, we could think of. You and I, we were carried and bare onto this magical and wonderful world by strong, magnificent women we call - mothers. And, this Sunday of May 9th is the perfect time to pay tribute to these beautiful legends.
Here and now, we know that you’ve been deciding on how to surprise these exceptional women so we gathered together some excellent gift ideas to save you the thinking and your time.